Monday, January 30, 2006

Books - Read 'em

I have a lot of talented friends. Friends that amaze me with what they do. And I honestly don't believe I tell all of them this enough. One of those friends is Marcus Hart.

I know Marc from Ringling. The first time I realized he was a writer is when he submitted his play for production by the Student Theatre Association there. It was the first show I ever directed, and I count myself lucky to have been able to work with him.

To this day when I think if it, I cross my fingers, hoping I did him a little proud. Or at least the show justice.

Marc is a writer. There's no other way to describe him. For reals. Like for his JOB. And he's good. Very good. And funny. And smart. And no, you can't date him he already has a kickass girlfriend. But he DOES have a book you can read, you lucky ducks, you.

It's his birthday this week. Go download it and pretend you're reading it. Or read it and then tell him how kickass he is. You won't be sorry. Either way he asked me to get people to go download it and give it a chance, so that's what I'm doing.

Go here.

I'll give you some lowdown on it here, in Marc's own words:

"Caster's Blog is story of one highly unlikely year as told by the geek who lived it. The book is a novelization of the actual online journal kept by Ray Caster.

Ray Caster is a regular guy who drew the short stick on life. He works in a miserable office doing a miserable job. He gets no respect from his co-workers. For that matter, he gets no respect from his friends. Caster's existence is one pathetic downward spiral of TiVo and fast food until the day his life is turned upside-down by a goddess from an auto parts store.

With its snappy, conversational writing style, Caster's Blog captures the comedy and tragedy of geek life from a first-hand perspective. "

READ IT!! What you want to know MORE?! What is it REALLY? (again, stolen from marc's site)

"It all started with a simple question: Would it be possible to create an online persona ordinary enough to be taken as a real person, yet extraordinary enough to keep the interest of an audience? To find out, Marcus maintained a weblog under the guise of Ray Caster for one full year. With the exception of four accomplices, none of Caster's LiveJournal friends were aware of his true nature until the publication of this book.

What began as a writing exercise quickly took on a life of its own, becoming both a solid work of fiction and personal psychosis."

So there you go. How can you resist?!Now go! Support the arts! It's free even! Or at least support one of my fellow uber-talented friends! ;)

No comments: