Friday, September 08, 2006

Just a Friday Night


I just wanted to take a time out of stories of Ireland to say once again, how lucky, how happy, how blessed I feel.

Today Sam called me from Shea stadium, giddy as a school boy about the stuff he was getting to do there and I had one of those moments. You know the ones. Where you are so happy for another person you feel like you might burst. And you look ahead, at the life that awaits you and you know that feeling won't go away anytime soon. That this is the kind of happiness that's for real. For ever.

I dont' know where we'll end up, what we'll end up doing, who we'll become as we grow. But I do know we'll be together, having adventures and laughing the whole way - much as we do now. I'll still get sick, still get tired - Sam will still tuck me in, hold me til I feel better. He'll still yell at the tv, get mad at the teams . . .I'll cook him his favorite dinners and we'll go for walks outside where we can go barefoot in the grass.

I love him. Something awful. And with all the wedding-craziness that has happened the last few weeks, all I cna continue to think is how lucky I am he chose me. How lucky I am every single morning when he chooses me again.

I had come to a time in my life where I had given up on the fairytale sort of love. The kind where you get butterflies and feel on top of the world. The kind that feels as if no one, no one coudl ever have a love like yours - it was too big, too precious. He changed all that. He hasn't just given me the world. He's changed it.

He took this picture in Ireland, promouncing aloud it was of his two favorite things in the country.



I'm going to do my best to live up to that. Now, and long after we go back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife ROCKS! She's hot too, PS. And what was I doing at Shea that was so amazing... TAKING BATTING PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!!! I'd keep going with the exclaimation points, but where would it end. Then I went out and shagged balls in the outfield and infield. A-mazing!

Anonymous said...

Misty,
You are beautiful and so is your writing. Sam, that sounds awesome! I am happy for you my friend :)