Thursday, May 11, 2006

Gotta Have You

It's not been the best week - punctuated with a concussion I gave MYSELF during the Mets game Friday when I was on my date with Dave. (Another entry altogether.)

Sam's carried the brunt of this crappiness, of course. I've been tired and not felt good and have been having a really stressful week at work. Nothing major - just not working up to the standard I have for myself. And that's the most frustrating at all. But anyway, I figured today I share with you my new fave band as well as publicly thank my husband for not shooting me yet to put me out of his misery. And for telling me, every day, I have a refuge.

Gotta Have You by The Weepies

Gray, quiet and tired and mean
Picking at a worried seam
I try to make you mad at me over the phone.
Red eyes and fire and signs
I’m taken by a nursery rhyme
I want to make a ray of sunshine and never leave home

No amount of coffee, no amount of crying
No amount of whiskey, no amount of wine
No, nothing else will do
I've gotta have you, I've gotta have you.

The road gets cold, there’s no spring in the middle this year
I’m the new chicken clucking open hearts and ears
Oh, such a prima donna, sorry for myself
But green, it is also summer
And I won’t be warm till I’m lying in your arms

I see it all through a telescope: guitar, suitcase, and a warm coat
Lying in the back of the blue boat, humming a tune...

No comments: