Monday, May 08, 2006

David Wright and a little Public Enemy

SO this weekend started out pretty slow - Sam and I took turns sleeping on Saturday. I got up early to see Dave the best best-friend-in-law ever off at 9am and then cleaned and picked up til about 1:30 where I collapsed on the couch for a must-needed nap. Sam woke up at 2pm. Ha. (Thanks to Dave and the Gaf, our local Irish pub, keeping him up and out til 5am). We eventually both were awake enough to go grab some food at Ariba Ariba and then went back home to relax, and big surprise, go back to bed.

But Sunday. SUNDAY was full of excitement. We headed to Shea at 9am and did some of this:


Okay, so that's SAM doing something. Specifically, interviewing David Wright . . . here's some more just cause:



But then we were fans for a bit and got to do this:



And this:



And a little of this:



Those are Cliff Floyd's bats. HIS BATS, people. I was very excited. I *heart* me some Cliff Floyd.



I even got to meet Mr. Met!


And then we got comped some KICKASS seats for the game. Which was awesome. I'm being brief here only 'cause I'm hoping Sam will write a bit here on this whole fun-ness as I feel I cannot do it justice. But anyway - we had great seats ,but had to leave early to get home and change in time for the PUBLIC ENEMY CONCERT. Hosted by Ice T.



That's right, my homies. Straight from the game to some killer hip hop. It was a lovely Lord's Day. Further proof you just dont' get cooler than S&M in the city.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a BLAST!!! I wish I could have been there. MISTY YOU ARE SO PRETTY!!!
love you.