and I do whatever Jamie does. ;)
I collect signed/special edition/first run books of my fave authors and stories. Yes, I know - exciting! But there you have it, I'm a big fat nerd.
1) Favorite hobby?
Huh. Lately my art's been a "hobby" - something I'd like to change, and soon. I want to learn how to knit. (Anyone want to show me how? I've spent years trying to teach myself to utter disaster.)
(2) How do you feel about your ex?
Which one? 'Cause all but two were in my wedding . . . I've been really blessed to remain close friends with all of them.
(3) Do you own guns?
Um, no. Opposed entirely. Prepared to lose this battle someday when Sam and I have a house.
(4) What flavor do you add to your drink at sonic?
Cherry and vanilla. Yummy.
(5) Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
No usually. If some thing's wrong, then yes. For normal check-ups, not at all. However, dentists? Terrified.
(6) What do you think of hot dogs?
I don't really . . .think of them, eat them, or prefer to smell them.
(7) Favorite Christmas song?
"Christians and Pagans" by Dar Williams. Or "Christmas" by Blues Traveler.
(8) What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Strawberry-banana smoothie. Almost every single morning one version of this or another passes my lips.
(9) Can you do push ups?
Right now? Um, no. When I'm not eight months preggers? Um, maybe. Really don't care enough to try and find out most days.
(10) Can you do a chin up?
Almost certainly that's a no. I have horrid memories of trying to do these for the Presidential Fitness Challenge. Does that still exist?
(11) What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I'm obsessed with rings (though right now they are almost all too big to wear.) Each one has a story and I remember when Little Sarah was small she would point to each and want to wear it while I told her where it came from or why I wore it. The rings may have changed since then, but they still all have special meaning.
(12) Do you like blue cheese?
Dear, sweet, jesus no.
(13) Ever been in a car wreck?
Yes. Like three my senior year. It felt like every time I left my house for a while there I was calling the insurance guy . . . *sigh*
(14) Do you have ADD?
No, I just don't seem to care enough most of the time to concentrate on any one thing for very long. I believe it's called "apathetic daily disorder."
(15) What’s one trait that you hate about yourself?
Hate's a strong word. I'd like to be less anxious, more confident about myself most days.
(16) Middle name?
I had a whole bunch. Now, I just have one - "Bell." It seems right. I love it.
(17) Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
1. I wish Samaire would stop kicking me.
2. I need to find the perfect present for my friend Joyce somehow very soon . . .
3. A nap right now would be fantastic. And ice cream.
(18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday?
Wow. I had work yesterday in Boston, so nothing exciting. An upgrade on the train, Broccoli (an entire plateful for my lunch) at the client cafeteria, and a sandwich, chips and juice for dinner on the train for dinner.
(19) Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
2. Dragonfruit Vita Water
3. Do smoothies count? Cause that about covers it.
(20) Current worry?
Getting everything together for the baby before she gets here. (So soon! I'm considered full-term next week!)
(21) Current hate right now?
Work. I mean I love my job and all, but am becoming increasingly distracted by this whole "baby" thing.
And, tourists. Dear lord, the tourists on my commute.
(23) How did you bring in the New Year?
Olive Garden, Times Square. It's the only way to start the new year right and if you haven't come to stay with us and participate - you're insane.
(24) Where would you like to be right now?
Well, here. Go figure. It's pretty cool. Maybe a day in Montauk. I love and am recently missing the beach desperately. Or on a car ride with my husband. I love it when we take road trips and we haven't for a while. I don't care where to, though.
(25) Do you like bok choy?
I have a feeling the answer is no, as it makes me think of wilted, giant green leaves.
(26) Do you own slippers?
Nope. But they're on my list of stuff I want for after Samaire's here and she and I are hanging out constantly in the apartment.
(28) Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
It's possible I've never slept on satin sheets. I feel like perhaps in theory they'd be good? Do they stay all shiny and soft after multiple uses? Or do they get all pill-ey and scratchy? Answers I need before trying them out.
(29) Can you whistle?
Yes, but I can't do the crazy fingers-in-your-mouth thing. I can just "disney" whistle. You know, short little tunes. . .
(31) Would you be a pirate?
Um, see for yourself.
(32) What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't really. Is that sad?
(33) Favorite girl’s name?
Ha. For what? People? Plants? Fish? Me?
(34) Favorite boy’s name?
Really, I need specifics.
(35) What is in your pocket?
My pockets are empty!
(36) Last thing that made you laugh?
Hm, I've laughed a lot today but can't think of any specific cause. That's good, I guess.
(37) Best bed sheets as a child?
Strawberry Shortcake all the way!
(38) Worst injury you ever had?
When I got the staph infection IN the ulcer ON my cornea. Labor, you don't scare me.
(39) Do you like where you live?
I ADORE it. Please move it closer to the middle of the country.
(40) How many TVs do you have in your house?
One. No cable.
(41) Who is your loudest friend?
Not sure. I have a lot of really loud friends. Though Sam might be the most obnoxiously so.
(42) How many dogs do you have?
None. I want one though. For some reason Sam thinks two adults, one baby, a cat, three fish and a snail, AND a puppy is overkill in our 300 square foot apartment. I say he lacks imagination.
(43) Does someone have a crush on you?
I'm going with OF COURSE on this one.
(44) Favorite book?
Ever? Wow. "The Art Spirit" by Robert Henri = the only book I've ever gone back to read so many many times. Always inspiring.
(46) What is your favorite candy?
Cherry or Strawberry taffy with sugar sprinkles. SO GOOD.
(47) Favorite Sports Team?
Mets, I guess. As I'd like to avoid bringing this child into a broken home.
(48) What song do you want played at your funeral?
"Let the Mystery Be" - Natalie Merchant
(49) What were you doing at 12 AM last night?
Sleeping. I'm lame.
(50) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up today?
There's a cat on my head.