Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Enough

"On the wall was a dress that I had embroidered. It said “Ich habe genug.” Which is a Bach Cantata. Which I thought meant, “I’ve had it, I can’t take any more, give me a break.” But I was wrong. It means “I have enough.” And that is utterly true. I happen to be alive. End of discussion. But I will go out and buy a hat." — Maira Kalman, The Principles of Uncertainty

With thoughts of resolutions swirling about me and a slight hangover-ey feeling lingering from this weekend - I read this quote this morning and decided it was worth sharing.

Enough. I need no more. It's really and absolutely true. My life at this moment is full - of love, of laughter, of good friends and wonderful family. We have a beautiful home, in a wonderous city. And we're already making plans of seeing more of this amazing planet we live on in the next months.

Enough. More than, actually.

But if you know me, you know I could always use another hat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

More hats!?!?!?!?! Next thing you'll tell me is you need more coats too! ;)