Wednesday, July 01, 2009

How has she gotten so big?

September 4, 2008


June 13, 2009

Time is moving perilously fast. Though I no longer feel the sadness I used to at that realization. Oh sure, I would desperately love to slow it all down - have more time; have nothing to do but spend each precious second with her. Playing, laughing - even the hard times when she's tired or doesn't feel good.

But something she has given me - the ultimate gift she has given me, is the ability to sit down and just be. To be present. To be with her, and no where else. Not analyzing yesterday, not being anxious about tomorrow... just enjoying her.

It's impossible not to. She changes each second. She's constantly learning, constantly doing something new. I feel like each day, each moment is somehow - inexplicably, unbelievably, miraculously - better than the last.

I don't know what the future holds for us, but I do know it will be filled with pure, unadulterated happiness.

No comments: