Friday, October 21, 2005

Hectic

So it's close, and with the closeness, comes the chaos, I guess. Normal people seem to have totally lost their minds, and a great deal of them seem to have just plain forgotten thsi weddign is about SAM and I. Ha. Which sounds so selfish. But I have come to the realization recently that I won't pu tup with other people's madness. I have enough of my own. And this IS abotu Sam and I. It's about us getting married, not the party or the dresses or who feel swhat abotu whom. We've invited these people, these people we love dearly, to share in that. And becasue of that I feel the right to be a little selfish. A little self-serving. Not bridezilla, but in a "this is our wedding, and this is the way it will be because we want it that way." What's funny, is I've spend a good portion of the past year trying everything in my power to make everyone else happy - assure they are involved, feeling loved and included. I guess now I'm just drawing the line and saying, "now it's our turn."

My friend Joyce says weddings and funerals bring out the crazy in people. And as each day inches past, I'm begining to become more and more sure she's right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll help you be selfish. As a matter of fact, I will make sure you are :)